Can only write on the left half of column split doc????

Old August 18th 06, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Todd L.

Default Can only write on the left half of column split doc????

I added columns (2) to a doc and can't get the curser into the right half of
doc. How do I do this so I can use both columns?

Thanks
Old August 18th 06, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're wanting to use columns this way, there's a good chance you need a
table rather than newspaper-style (snaking) columns, which are intended for
text that fills one column before starting another. But if you have a good
reason for (at least temporarily) breaking to a new column, you can insert a
column break with Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Old August 18th 06, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Although the version of Word & exactly what you are trying to do would be
helpful to know, the short answer is that *Columns* in Word refers to
newspaper-type columns that flow top-bottom, right-left. If what follows
doesn't help, post back with more detail about your requirements.

It sounds like what you are trying to do would be better served by a Table,
2 columns wide by 'X' rows tall. You can remove the Borders if you wish.

If you actually do want newspaper columns but need to move on to the second
column without completely filling the first, use a Column Break
(InsertBreak - Column Break).
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones