Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Grizzly Bill Grizzly Bill is offline

Default How do I stop formatting commands from affecting whole document?

I have a problem with Word 2003 applying formatting commands to the entire
document instead of just the current paragraph. For example, if I want to add
a paragraph (not numbered) to a numbered list item, I hit enter (gives me
next numbered list item) then click the "Numbering" button to turn off
numbering. Instead of just turning off the current number, every numbered
item in the document is turned off. If I click the "Undo" button, all
numbering is turned back on except for the paragraph I wanted off. On large
docs, this gets ridiculous.

This is somehow related to a messed up Normal.dot template, because if I use
the Normal.dot template from work, I don't have the problem. But I can't fix
existing documents, even by copying text to a new document that started OK.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rose M Rose M is offline

Default How do I stop formatting commands from affecting whole documen

Thanks Jay, While I have 2003 The file points me in the right direction to
resolve my problem.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eformatted.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 15:46:01 -0700, Grizzly Bill Grizzly
wrote:

[...]

Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:
http://word.mvps.org