Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Christelle Christelle is offline

Default How do I identify unkown text?

I'm currently using Word XP. I received a letter from a friend, but the
letter's text appear as small boxes. I am not sure if she used text that she
downloaded, but I would really like to read the letter. Is there any way that
I can identify the text she used?I would really appreciate any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

While the small boxes could be any number of things, it is probably
evidence that Word did not make a font substitution. The first thing
that I would try to do is use Edit/Select All and then choose a
different font to check that possibility.