Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
goodTweetieBird goodTweetieBird is offline

Default Wide tab

In my MS Word document I am using outline style bulleting. On line
6.a.ii there seems to be a hiddent character, formatting or some type
of tab that causes a 2+ inch gap between columns 12 and 13. Deleting
the whole line and retyping does not clear the problem.

Thanks,

gtb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Did you try turning on the non-printing characters? Did you look at the tab
settings?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"goodTweetieBird" wrote in message

In my MS Word document I am using outline style bulleting. On line
6.a.ii there seems to be a hiddent character, formatting or some type
of tab that causes a 2+ inch gap between columns 12 and 13. Deleting
the whole line and retyping does not clear the problem.

Thanks,

gtb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
goodTweetieBird goodTweetieBird is offline

On Aug 5, 10:44*am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
Did you try turning on the non-printing characters? Did you look at the tab
settings?

Yes and yes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
goodTweetieBird goodTweetieBird is offline

On Aug 5, 11:01*am, goodTweetieBird
wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:44*am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Did you try turning on the non-printing characters? Did you look at the tab
settings?

Yes and yes.

I went above it and pressed enter which created a new item ii. Bad
line became iii and I deleted it. Problem solved but not
satisfactorily.

Thanks,

gtb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You are describing outline numbering, which doesn't seem to have anything to
do with columns. Can you explain your reference to "columns 12 and 13"? You
may want to look at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm,
however.

"goodTweetieBird" wrote in message

In my MS Word document I am using outline style bulleting. On line
6.a.ii there seems to be a hiddent character, formatting or some type
of tab that causes a 2+ inch gap between columns 12 and 13. Deleting
the whole line and retyping does not clear the problem.

Thanks,

gtb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It suggest that the document was slightly corrupt. If it is Word 2003 or
Word 2007, try using SaveAs and choose XML format. Close the document and
then open it and use SaveAs to get it back to *.doc(t) format.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"goodTweetieBird" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 11:01 am, goodTweetieBird
wrote:
On Aug 5, 10:44 am, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Did you try turning on the non-printing characters? Did you look at the
tab
settings?

Yes and yes.

I went above it and pressed enter which created a new item ii. Bad
line became iii and I deleted it. Problem solved but not
satisfactorily.

Thanks,

gtb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Aug 5, 11:20*am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
You are describing outline numbering, which doesn't seem to have anything to
do with columns. Can you explain your reference to "columns 12 and 13"? You
may want to look athttp://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm,
however.

Columns as in ln xx col xx displayed at bottom of screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On Aug 5, 12:20*pm, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
It suggest that the document was slightly corrupt. If it is Word 2003 or
Word 2007, try using SaveAs and choose XML format. Close the document and
then open it and use SaveAs to get it back to *.doc(t) format.

Didn't fix the problem but did reduce my TOC to a single line inside
{}.

Thanks for trying.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Just press F9 (Update Field) to refresh the TOC. What you are seeing is just
the field in braces.

Terry

"goodTweetieBird" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 12:20 pm, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
It suggest that the document was slightly corrupt. If it is Word 2003 or
Word 2007, try using SaveAs and choose XML format. Close the document and
then open it and use SaveAs to get it back to *.doc(t) format.

Didn't fix the problem but did reduce my TOC to a single line inside
{}.

Thanks for trying.

Page too wide for A4 Tara Keane Page Layout 3 January 18th 06 08:27 PM
How to put a # in the right edge of 9" wide paper. DGA Page Layout 1 June 29th 05 09:54 PM
Page too wide Doug 22 Page Layout 1 March 21st 05 11:11 PM
Page too wide Doug 22 Page Layout 1 March 21st 05 04:53 PM
ruler says 7 in wide, print is 5 in. wide jacksond Tables 1 December 25th 04 03:56 AM