Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin McInnes Robin McInnes is offline

Default Calibri Font

Is there anywhere that one can download the new Word 2007 default font,
(Calibri), to use in earlier versions of Word?

Thanks in advance,
Robin McInnes

Cheshire, UK

-Si non confectus, non reficiat-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_] Don Ellis[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:58:26 +0000, Robin McInnes
wrote:

Is there anywhere that one can download the new Word 2007 default font,
(Calibri), to use in earlier versions of Word?

Calibri was designed by Lucas de Groot, a Dutch type designer who
heads Fontfabrik -- http://www.fontfabrik.com/index.html.

If you go to that website, you're directed to LucasFont to buy
Fontabrik fonts -- http://www.lucasfonts.com/index_neu.html

But Calibri is not listed, making me think that it was designed for
Microsoft and not commercially available except with their software
(just a guess).

Google hard enough and you can find them, but be aware that they are
probably not a legal download.

Don
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I believe the new fonts are in the office compatibility pack (a large
file!!!)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...A/O2007Cnv.exe
though I have not checked.

Robin McInnes wrote:
Is there anywhere that one can download the new Word 2007 default
font, (Calibri), to use in earlier versions of Word?

Thanks in advance,
Robin McInnes

Cheshire, UK

-Si non confectus, non reficiat-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Graham Mayor wrote:
I believe the new fonts are in the office compatibility pack (a large
file!!!)
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...A/O2007Cnv.exe
though I have not checked.

Indeed it does! Thanks Graham.

(I'm not entirely certain what knock-on effect there will be as regards
file formats etc now that I've installed it.)

And, yes, it WAS a large file.

Cheers,
Robin McInnes
Cheshire, UK

-Si non confectus, non reficiat-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_] Don Ellis[_2_] is offline

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:08:05 +0200, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

You can uninstall it now - the fonts should be left behind

In researching this question, I found a source for the fonts alone. If
they are freely available from Microsoft, perhaps it's fine to
distribute them separately.

If you think it's appropriate, I'll post the link, but I'd prefer
hearing from someone in power first. :-)

Don
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Don,

The newsgroups are generally peer support. Basically the license agreements for the specific versions and products would be that
you can redistribute the compatibility pack as a package but not 'pieces' of it individually.

There should be a license agreement that shows up when you install it that you're asked to agree to.

If the 'source' you found is a Microsoft site rather than someone's posting of Microsoft owned/licensed content you would probably
be okay to go with that

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

To all of the contributors of this issue-Thank you!
I searched for almost on hour be for I found your tip.
It work like a charm.

wrote:

You can uninstall it now - the fonts should be left behind

In researching this question, I found a source for the fonts alone. If
they are freely available from Microsoft, perhaps it's fine to
distribute them separately.

If you think it's appropriate, I'll post the link, but I'd prefer
hearing from someone in power first. :-)

Don
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_] Don Ellis[_2_] is offline

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 07:25:03 -0800, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)"
75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:

Hi Don,

The newsgroups are generally peer support. Basically the license agreements for the specific versions and products would be that
you can redistribute the compatibility pack as a package but not 'pieces' of it individually.

There should be a license agreement that shows up when you install it that you're asked to agree to.

If the 'source' you found is a Microsoft site rather than someone's posting of Microsoft owned/licensed content you would probably
be okay to go with that

Hi Bob,

Thanks for th clarification. I thought as much, which is why I didn't
post the link

.. But thanks to this thread, I downloaded the full compatibility pack
and will make it available to my colleagues so the Calibri in my
documents remains Calibri no matter what version of Word they're
using.

Franky, that font is worth half the upgrade.

Cheers,

Don