Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trainer Trainer is offline

Default Printing strange characters using Cambria font

When printing envelopes using Word 2007 several in our office are printing
strange characters. If they change to Arial, everything prints okay.
Please let me know if anyone has this problem when printing with Cambria
Font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The first thing to rule out when this occurs is an updated printer driver.
Try updating it and see if that resolves the issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Trainer" wrote in message
When printing envelopes using Word 2007 several in our office are printing
strange characters. If they change to Arial, everything prints okay.
Please let me know if anyone has this problem when printing with Cambria
Font.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trainer Trainer is offline

Just to let you know, I cross-posted to the Font group and got my answer.
We have to change the printer settings to download fonts as bitmaps when
using the new microsoft fonts. We have the newest print drivers. Thanks.