Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
reezwan26 reezwan26 is offline

Default Update on hyperlinked document

Hi Guys,

I have created two word document (say A and B). doc "A" is the reference
point for Doc B. Clearly, B has a lot of hyperlink refering to A. Now the
problem is Doc A is running under version control (say draft ver0.1, 0.2..
and so on). Every now and then I have to change version of Doc A as new
information get added. As a result, I have to change B as well, as the
hyperlink refers to Doc A( and its continuously changing). Is there any I run
any script or is there any option in word documnet that can let me not make
any changes in B at all, implies, version changes in Doc A will update in Doc
B automatically.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Thanking you all in advance. You
are doing a wonderful job.

Regards,

reezwan
--
Reezwan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I am confused, do you OR do you not want the hyperlink to update automatically?
There several ways to acheive what you want.
You don't mention what version of Word you are using, it always helps.
The following is for 2003 and prior, instructions for 2007 may differ.
You can lock field codes like Hyperlinks, Ctrl+Shft+F11 will lock the field
from updating, you can do this individually or by selecting the whole
document (Ctrl+A) and doing the lock.
Also under Edit, Links, you have a listing of the links in the document,
where you can choose whether you want each link Auto/Manual updated or locked.
Also on a user setting (not document which the previous are) you can change
the Tools, Options, General, check/uncheck the Update Automatic Links at Open
as you wish. Also under the Print tab, check/uncheck the Update Links option.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"reezwan26" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

If you have blocks of text in Doc A that you include in Doc B and you want
these blocks of text in Doc B to be updated whenever they are changed in Doc
A, you can
mark these blocks of text in Doc A with bookmarks and insert INCLUDETEXT
fields for them in Doc B. For more information about the INCLUDETEXT field,
see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH061047261033.

--
Hope this helps,