Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer72401

Default AutoText not showing in organizer even though it's in the document

If I go to the organizer to add autotext to a toolbar, some of the autotext
isn't listed. I have a LOT of entries. It will all show up under normal.dot
in the organizer, but not the template i'm using to use the autotext in. I
have recopied the autotext over from normal.dot to my template, but that
didnt work. When i'm in my template, I can insert it by going to insert -
autotext- autotext. It's definitely in thte document, but it doesn't show up
in the organizer. Is there any other way to add autotext to the toolbar w/o
the organizer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Autotext is only stored in templates.

You can insert the text in a document.

When building toolbars, it is vital that you know which template (or
document) the toolbar (and its modifications) are saved in.

If you are talking about the Autotext menu on the Header/footer toolbar,
that menu is sorted by styles.

When you have the Organizer window open check to see which templates are
open. The Organizer will always list all of the AutoText in the templates
shown.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"jennifer72401" wrote in message
If I go to the organizer to add autotext to a toolbar, some of the
autotext
isn't listed. I have a LOT of entries. It will all show up under
normal.dot
in the organizer, but not the template i'm using to use the autotext in. I
have recopied the autotext over from normal.dot to my template, but that
didnt work. When i'm in my template, I can insert it by going to insert -
autotext- autotext. It's definitely in thte document, but it doesn't show
up
in the organizer. Is there any other way to add autotext to the toolbar
w/o
the organizer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jennifer72401

Default AutoText not showing in organizer even though it's in the docu

it shows up in the organizer under the correct template, but when i go to
tools-customize-commands-autotext some of it is missing. I dont think i made
that clear in my original question. When i'm in
tools-customize-commands-autotext it will show up under normal.dot where i
copied it from, but when i switch to questionnaire template.dot the last few
entries are missing.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You use the Organizer to copy it to your template! If it is in normal.dot,
you don't want it on a toolbar in your template or it will fail when
normal.dot is changed. See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for
step-by-step instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up
customizations including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments,
toolbars, macros, etc.