Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K.L. Smith K.L. Smith is offline

Default adding a specific item from the Add-iins menu to the quick access

I'm running Office 2007 and want to add a specific item from the Add-ins Menu
Commands group to the Quick Access Toolbar. Specifically, I have a DYMO
label printer that I want on the Quick-access toolbar. Currently, I have to
select the Add-Ins tab and then select this printer from the Menu Commands.

The best I've been able to do so far is to add the Menu Commands group to
the tool bar, but then I have to click on it and then select the printer
which offers no keystroke savings. I want the convenience of 1 click
printing, but do not want the Dymo printer to be the default printer.

Does anyone have a solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi K.L.,

There isn't an option to put individual legacy add-in items on the Quick Access toolbar if they're in the [legacy] 'Custom Toolbars'
or 'Custom Menus'
groups. The creators of the add-ins have the option to create their own Ribbon tab or part of a ribbon tab and then you can add the
individual items to the Quick Access toolbar.

If the Add-in uses macros (or you create a macro) then you can add the macro the Quick Access Toolbar from
Office Button=Word Options=Customize=Macros

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a new macro to select this printer and add the macro to the toolbar -
see examples at http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm There is also a
macro there that you can adapt to automatically switch the printer for
labels.