shaffer001

Default Read-only property in a document created from a template

Whenever I 'save as' an new document created froma template the new document
always alerts me to the read-only attribute of the template when I open the
new document. The alert doen't seem to have anything to do with the *.doc
file. How can I turn this off? It is confusing less expericenced staff as
they think they are editing the template and not the docuemtn created from
the template.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2hhZmZlcjAwMQ==?=,

Whenever I 'save as' an new document created froma template the new document
always alerts me to the read-only attribute of the template when I open the
new document. The alert doen't seem to have anything to do with the *.doc
file. How can I turn this off? It is confusing less expericenced staff as
they think they are editing the template and not the docuemtn created from
the template.

The only possibility would be to link the document to a different template.
Since a document is linked to a template's toolbars, macros, keyboard shortcuts
and AutoText, it's theoretically possible to alter a template through working
in a document attached to it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org