Narrmorr

Default Scroll button and automatic repagination

I've just upgraded to Word 2003 SP1 and have had a little issue crop up with
the scroll button. In my previous version of Word, the scroll button
performed only its obvious function: it scrolled the open document up and
down.

Now, however, attempting to scroll the document using the scroll button
causes Word to incessantly repaginate the document.

What on earth is the link between the scroll button and repagination? Is
there any way to stop this from happening?
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:45:05 -0800, "Narrmorr"
wrote:

I've just upgraded to Word 2003 SP1 and have had a little issue crop up with
the scroll button. In my previous version of Word, the scroll button
performed only its obvious function: it scrolled the open document up and
down.

Now, however, attempting to scroll the document using the scroll button
causes Word to incessantly repaginate the document.

What on earth is the link between the scroll button and repagination? Is
there any way to stop this from happening?

This is not normal behavior for Word 2003, any more than it was for
previous versions.

It's possible that your Normal.dot template is damaged, or that one or
more documents are corrupted. Methods for dealing with that are at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm. You can also
try starting Word with the /a switch as described in section 2 of
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...peningWord.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman