Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Squ1sh Squ1sh is offline

Default (Cross-post) Reference field for previous page

I'm trying to create an automated reference to a section that runs across two
pages (or more) that will display in the following page's header.

In other words, Sections A, B, and C on page 1, C crosses the page to begin
page 2, followed by D and E on p.2. When I insert the styleref or field
reference, Word picks up the first instance on the page (header on page 2 =
"Section D, continued) But, I need my header to read "Section C, continued
from previous page"

How can I achieve this? Does this even make sense?