ajsandbergjr

Default Requirement for address book contact for addressing an envelope?

I have transferred my address book contacts from WordPerfect 2002 to an
Outlook address book but not all are available when I try to insert them into
an address for an envelope. It appears that if the contacts are not
associated with an email address, they do not show up when I click on the
address book to address an envelope or address a letter.
ajsandbergjr

Thanks, Mary. It works. However, it seems like a flaky work around to
transfer an address from an address book to an envelope to send through the
U.S. Postal System and to the heading of a document written in WORD. I'm
disappointed with Microsoft that they haven't provided a smoother way to use
an Address Book with WORD.

ajsandbergjr

"Mary" wrote:

That's correct. Since Outlook is an email program, you must have an email
address for the contact to appear in the address book. I fake email addresses
in those that don't have one. Like this: . It works.

"ajsandbergjr" wrote:

I have transferred my address book contacts from WordPerfect 2002 to an
Outlook address book but not all are available when I try to insert them into
an address for an envelope. It appears that if the contacts are not
associated with an email address, they do not show up when I click on the
address book to address an envelope or address a letter.

Graham Mayor

This shouldn't be necessary. Relatively few of my Outlook contacts have
e-mail addresses and they all show up quite happily in Word. What is
probably required here are to set Outlook as the default e-mail application
(Windows control panel internet options programs), and to ensure that
the Contacts list containing the addresses has its property flagged as an
Outlook Address Book, but check with the Outlook newsgroup if this doesn't
cut it.

"ajsandbergjr" wrote:

I have transferred my address book contacts from WordPerfect 2002 to
an Outlook address book but not all are available when I try to
insert them into an address for an envelope. It appears that if the
contacts are not associated with an email address, they do not show
up when I click on the address book to address an envelope or
address a letter.

John

I have found an article on Microsoft's support site that deals with an
identical problem for an earlier version of Office/OUTLOOK/WORD: "OL: Outlook
Address Book Does Not Display All the Contacts in Word", Article ID 301447
(Q301447). The symptoms we "only contacts that have an e-mail address or
fax number appear". However, the resolution apparently isn't applicable to
the newr version of Outlook/Word. I could not find the registry key listed.