mccutch

Default I have lost the copy function for word. It comes up wih icon

When I try to copy and paste I get a symbol instead of the text that I have
highlighted and copied. ?????
garfield-n-odie

Some kind of add-in program for Word is modifying the contents of
the Windows clipboard when Word is started. For instance, if you
get a little blue phone symbol when you paste, then it's a
Bluetooth add-in that is causing the problem. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555173 "WD: The Windows
Clipboard Content is Modified When Word Starts" for more
information. The usual workaround is to start Word before you
copy and paste.

mccutch wrote:

When I try to copy and paste I get a symbol instead of the text that I have
highlighted and copied. ?????

mccutch

Thanks: That may indeed be the problem, because it happens when I copy the
text from a word document and try to paste it into an Outlook e-mail.

"mccutch" wrote:

When I try to copy and paste I get a symbol instead of the text that I have
highlighted and copied. ?????

mccutch

Well, I seem to have a different problem. The copy function works between
word documents, it only modifies when I copy the text in a word document and
then try to paste it into an Outlook e-mail.

mccutch wrote:

When I try to copy and paste I get a symbol instead of the text that I have
highlighted and copied. ?????

garfield-n-odie

Your "different problem" seems to be completely unrelated to your
original question, because your original question says nothing
about pasting into Outlook, and this newsgroup is for questions
about Microsoft Word. But same principle... probably an Outlook
add-in is clearing the Windows clipboard when Outlook is
started... see http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/clipboard.htm .