Jane H.

Default How do I number the middle section of a document starting as page.

I am working on a document with front and back matter that should not have
page numbers. The middle section should have page numbers beginning with page
1. I've broken it into sections, but the page number always starts with page
4 instead of the desired page 1. Under line numbering in page setup, I
checked add line numbering, start at 1, and restart each section. It seems
like that would fix it, but it doesn't.

What am I doing wrong?
Margaret Aldis

Line numbering isn't the same as page numbering - easiest way to access the
page number format for a section is from the Header and Footer toolbar
(displayed in Header and Footer view).

You might also want to look at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...rontMatter.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Jane H." Jane wrote in message
I am working on a document with front and back matter that should not have
page numbers. The middle section should have page numbers beginning with

page
1. I've broken it into sections, but the page number always starts with

page
4 instead of the desired page 1. Under line numbering in page setup, I
checked add line numbering, start at 1, and restart each section. It seems
like that would fix it, but it doesn't.

What am I doing wrong?

Jane H.

Margaret--
Well, duh! I guess I was so focused on "numbering" I didn't notice the
"line"! That article was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I don't know why I
didn't find it when I was searching before I posted. I have now fixed my
document with the appropriate page numbering. Thanks so much for your
response.

Jane