Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
GKnight

Default sp tags appearing in Word with Text Boxes

Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group I
should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt SP seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Word Heretic

G'day "GKnight" ,

Maybe a list format has been applied to the style in question.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

GKnight reckoned:

Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group I
should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt SP seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Andrew Tate

I have the same problem except it is with images or graphics inserted.

This affects many different styles and none have have list formats applied
to them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Andrew Tate

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day "GKnight" ,

Maybe a list format has been applied to the style in question.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

GKnight reckoned:

Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group I
should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt SP seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Andrew Tate

I don't have multiple machines on which to test this and I don't know how to
send you a document with this text.

It appears every time a picture, text box, drawing object is used.

It does not behave the same when Word is opened in safe mode - the sp tag
is not present.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I have seen a few questions raised about this. The one I got most detail on
suggested it was a backspace character but I couldn't reproduce anything
like it.

Do you have a document with one of these characters which shows up on
multiple machines? If so, I would love to see it. Could you send me a copy?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day "GKnight" ,

Maybe a list format has been applied to the style in question.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

GKnight reckoned:

Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting

this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group

should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt SP seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does

anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Andrew Tate

I have solved the problem by the renaming the folder in the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Data

When I restarted Word, the problem was not there.

Andrew Tate

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day "GKnight" ,

Maybe a list format has been applied to the style in question.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

GKnight reckoned:

Hello there, I am not sure if this is the right newgroup to be posting

this
in but if not I would appreciate it if someone could advise which group

should be using.

Here is the problem, I have a user who whenever they open a document or
create a new one that has a text box in it the txt SP seems to appear
along side it.

This cannot be removed without the text box being removed. Does

anybody
have any idea why this would be happening and how to prevent it?

Many Thanks
Glen Knight

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tony Jollans

Thank you Andrew,

Knowing it is caused by something in the Data key helps. Even if I can't see
it I know where to start pointing other people who experience the problem
(and myabe I can get someone to send me a broken Data key).

--
Enjoy,
Tony

news