RDC

Default view bookmark name

How do I display the name of the bookmark
Doug Robbins

If you select the bookmark and the use InsertBookmark, the selected
bookmark will the one highlighted in the list.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"RDC" wrote in message
How do I display the name of the bookmark

Jay Freedman

For something a little easier to use, put this macro in a global
template, and put a menu item for it on the various right-click menus.
Then you can right-click anywhere in the document, choose the item,
and get a message box showing the name if any.

Sub WhatBookmark()
Dim bk As Bookmark
For Each bk In ActiveDocument.Bookmarks
If Selection.InRange(bk.Range) Then
MsgBox bk.Name, vbOKOnly, "What Bookmark"
Exit Sub
End If
Next bk
MsgBox "Not in a bookmark", vbOKOnly, "What Bookmark"
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm
for the necessary procedures.