Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Candace Candace is offline

Default Word 2003 - setting default Merge options

When I click on the "Merge to New Document" button on the mail merge toolbar,
I get a dialog box asking whether I want to merge "All", "Current record",
etc. Is there anyway to set it up so that it automatically merges "All"
without prompting me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Create the following macro in the Normal.dot template, or better in a
template that you save in the Word Startup folder so that it is loaded as an
addin

Sub MailMergeToDoc()

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End With

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Candace" wrote in message
When I click on the "Merge to New Document" button on the mail merge
toolbar,
I get a dialog box asking whether I want to merge "All", "Current record",
etc. Is there anyway to set it up so that it automatically merges "All"
without prompting me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Candace Candace is offline

This sounds like a great solution, but I'm unfamiliar with the process.
Do I need to use "Visual Basic editor" (on the "Macro" dropdown) to
accomplish this?
Where does it give me the option to choose the "Word Startup folder"?
If the instructions to create a macro in a template are too detailed, is
there a KB article that I can refer to?

"Candace" wrote in message
When I click on the "Merge to New Document" button on the mail merge
toolbar,
I get a dialog box asking whether I want to merge "All", "Current record",
etc. Is there anyway to set it up so that it automatically merges "All"
without prompting me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

You can check the location of the Word Startup folder by selecting Options
from the Tools menu and then going to the File Locations tab.