Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pete Pete is offline

Default Left Click doesn't work in Word files?

When I press "left click" on my Logitech MX600 Laser Cordless mouse in a Word
file nothing happens. It works fine on the toolbars and in all other
programs and files.

Does anyone have any idea why and what I can do about it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SidViscious SidViscious is offline

I have the same problem. Have you resolved your problem yet? Id be interested
in any info you have.

"Pete" wrote:

When I press "left click" on my Logitech MX600 Laser Cordless mouse in a Word
file nothing happens. It works fine on the toolbars and in all other
programs and files.

Does anyone have any idea why and what I can do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrhyne jrhyne is offline

I have the same problem. The mouse works fine in the program (menus,
toolbars, etc.) but it doesn't work at all in the document itself. Can't
select text, move the cursor and cannot right-click to bring up a menu.

"Pete" wrote:

When I press "left click" on my Logitech MX600 Laser Cordless mouse in a Word
file nothing happens. It works fine on the toolbars and in all other
programs and files.

Does anyone have any idea why and what I can do about it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jrhyne jrhyne is offline

Found the solution!!!
....at least for me, anyway.
The problem was actually in my Windows profile. It turns out that any
other user who logged onto my PC could use the mouse in Word with no
problems. Uninstalled Office, made me new profile, then re-installed under
that new profile. (i kept a backup of my old profile so I can copy over any
old
settings I may need for other software).