bandy2000

Default page numbers with text added that apear in TOC too

HI,

I do want to have different styles for my page numbers throughout my
document.
for example
The preliminaries in roman page numbers

Terms of Reference V
Synopsis VI
Table of Contents VII
List of Figures VIII
Glossary XI

Then the main part with regular numbers

Chapter 1 1
Chapter 2 8
Chapter 3 16

Up to here I managed to get the results i wanted but following to the Main
Part I want to have the Appendix numberd with
Appendix 1 A1
Appendix 2 A2

How can I Add this "A" to the page numbers in that way that it appears on th
TOC, too? I tried already to use small roman numbering but on the table of
contents the small roman numbers didn't show up instead the same value in
regular numbering was shown.
Thanks
ANDY

If you have set up numbering as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm, you should be
getting roman numerals in the TOC. In order to get A1, A2 in the TOC, you
will have to include this numbering in the page number as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm, but I think you're
going to have trouble getting A1, A2, etc., as a prefix since this isn't
part of your appendix numbering. It is conventional to designate appendixes
with letters (Appendix A, Appendix B), and you can then include A, B, C as
the "chapter number" in the page number so that the first appendix is
numbered A-1, A-2, etc., the second one B-1, B-2, etc., and so on.

"bandy2000" wrote in message
HI,

I do want to have different styles for my page numbers throughout my
document.
for example
The preliminaries in roman page numbers

Terms of Reference V
Synopsis VI
Table of Contents VII
List of Figures VIII
Glossary XI

Then the main part with regular numbers

Chapter 1 1
Chapter 2 8
Chapter 3 16

Up to here I managed to get the results i wanted but following to the Main
Part I want to have the Appendix numberd with
Appendix 1 A1
Appendix 2 A2

How can I Add this "A" to the page numbers in that way that it appears on

th
TOC, too? I tried already to use small roman numbering but on the table of
contents the small roman numbers didn't show up instead the same value in
regular numbering was shown.
Thanks
ANDY

Numbers to appear at the cursor... ~D~ New Users 11 February 1st 05 04:49 AM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 09:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Page Layout for Page Numbers DL Freedman Page Layout 1 December 8th 04 10:17 PM