Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default 5160 Labels - Left Margin off

Hi ?B?R2xhZHlz?=,

If I create an Avery 5160 sheet in Word 2003 the left margin appears to be
correct. Could be the "Avery label wizard" is damaged on your installation. You
might check the Avery website whether this problem is listed there, and whether
there's a version of the Label Wizard you can download and install.

Other than that, you might try Help/Detect and Repair from within Word.

Worst case: you can set up a table for the labels manually (and save it as a
template so you can reuse it).

I am doing a Label MailMerge in Word 2003. I am using the Avery 5160 labels.
The left Margin is not correct and the text does not print on the label.

I tested in Word 2000 and it works fine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Gladys

Hi Cindy,

I did try all your suggestions. On the screen it does look ok but not when
you print. I have tried on several pcs and printers including work and home,
results with the same problem.

It is only happening in Word 2003

Thanks again.

Gladys

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?R2xhZHlz?=,

If I create an Avery 5160 sheet in Word 2003 the left margin appears to be
correct. Could be the "Avery label wizard" is damaged on your installation. You
might check the Avery website whether this problem is listed there, and whether
there's a version of the Label Wizard you can download and install.

Other than that, you might try Help/Detect and Repair from within Word.

Worst case: you can set up a table for the labels manually (and save it as a
template so you can reuse it).

I am doing a Label MailMerge in Word 2003. I am using the Avery 5160 labels.
The left Margin is not correct and the text does not print on the label.

I tested in Word 2000 and it works fine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R2xhZHlz?=,

I did try all your suggestions. On the screen it does look ok but not when
you print. I have tried on several pcs and printers including work and home,
results with the same problem.

It is only happening in Word 2003

OK, if you set up a table in Word, type some text into it like you would for a
labels, and print do you still see the same problem?

If you do, then it could be a problem with the printer driver. Try updating
that from the manufacturer's website. If that doesn't help, I'd try asking in
the word.printingfonts newsgroup where you're more likely to encounter people
familiar with printing problems. Be sure to tell them what type of printer is
involved, the version of Windows, and what kind of computer you're using (Table
PC, traditional desktop, laptop or whatever).