ba

Default Mail Merge Zip Code will not format correctly

In No matter how I format Zip code on Excel Source Document, when merged, zip
codes beginning with "zero" or a Canadian Zip Code appear as the number
"zero".
Also, after saving merged document as .doc when I reopen it, I get the
message, "Opening this document will run SQL command". Is there a way to
save document as an independent Word document not connected to anything else.

These issues did not happen in Word 2000.
Doug Robbins

For the Zip code formatting issue, see "Formatting Word fields with
switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

That will probably not however fix the Canadian zip code issue. One way to
deal with that would be to have two fields in the data source, one to
contain US zip codes and one for Canadian and then use an If ... then ...
Else statement in the mailmerge main document.

For the SQL message issue, see the following Knowledge Base article:
"Opening This Will Run the Following SQL Command" Message When You Open a
Word Document - 825765 at:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=825765

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,