LG of Louisville

Default Merging data into two locations on a page

Hi,

I'm trying to merge data into two places on a page. What I need to do is to
have a row 1 go to Area 1, then row 2 go to Area 2, row 3 go to Area 1, row 4
go to Area 2, etc. It's like a label, but my document isn't a label.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LG
Doug Robbins

You need to give more information on the layout that you want to achieve.
Where is Area 2 in relation to Area 1?
How many rows of data go on the one page?

Maybe a catalog (on in XP and later it's called directory) type mailmerge
will do what you want. Can't tell from the information provided however.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"LG of Louisville" LG of wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to merge data into two places on a page. What I need to do is
have a row 1 go to Area 1, then row 2 go to Area 2, row 3 go to Area 1,
row 4
go to Area 2, etc. It's like a label, but my document isn't a label.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LG

LG of Louisville

The document is a 2-up postcard with two locations for unique 4 - 5 line
address info. There will be 2 rows (equals 8 - 10 lines) of data on each
page. NEXT RECORD changes the info in Area 2, but then repeats it in Area 1.
So what I need is for Area 1 to get odd or even rows of data and Area 2 to
get the opposite of what Area 1 gets.

I talk with my hands a lot, so this is really frustrating to explain! I
hope this clarifies
my question.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Doug Robbins

Sorry, I can't see your hands.

Are you saying that there are two locations on each postcard into which the
merged data is required so that card one gets records 1 and 3 and card two
gets records 2 and 4 for a total of 4 records per page?

Or is it just card one gets record 1, card 2 gets record 2 and then on the
next sheet, card 1 gets record 3 and card two gets record 4, etc?

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"LG of Louisville" wrote in
message ...

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

You need to give more information on the layout that you want to achieve.
Where is Area 2 in relation to Area 1?
How many rows of data go on the one page?

Maybe a catalog (on in XP and later it's called directory) type mailmerge
will do what you want. Can't tell from the information provided however.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid