Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeffrey Frankel

Default Multiple envelopes attached to a Word document

This may not be a mail merge inquiry per se, but here is my situation

The government agency I work for uses a complex custom database for
licensing and complaint management involving 40 different professional and
occupational licensing boards. Our contract programmer has developed special
merge fields for insertion into the Word template documents that I write.
These special merge fields pull information from the database for insertion
into our letters, notices, etc.

Most of our complaint correspondence goes to multiple carbon copy
recipients. It's easy for me to attach an envelope to a Word template and
put in merge fields for the addressee. To minimize manual creation of
envelopes, what I need to do is have Word generate envelopes for the carbon
copy recipients in addition to the addressee. This may be biting off more
than I can chew, but how can I make Word create multiple envelopes for one
document?

Jeff Frankel
Gardiner, Maine USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Where do the addresses come from for the multiple envelopes? From the
database? Or, is there a standard set (or sets) of envelopes?. If the
latter, you could use a separate mailmerge to create all of the required
envelopes, use an envelope type mailmerge main document.

If all of the addressees for the carbon copies are in the record from the
database, you could copy and paste multiple envelopes into the letter and
insert the appropriate merge fields in each one. I would guess that is not
likely to be the case however.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jeffrey Frankel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jeffrey Frankel

"Copy and paste multiple envelopes into the letter..." Son of a gun, it
works! Thanks s-o-o-o much - I never thought of that. This is *exactly* the
help that I needed.

Jeff Frankel
Gardiner, Maine USA

[...]

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Does Word have a QuickCorrect/Quick Word option like WordPerfect? CW New Users 2 December 20th 05 06:54 PM