Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pabs

Default Merge address blocks from my letters to labels.

I can't merge the name and addresses from letters in a mass mailing into
labels. The data base came from a different program so I can't use that. Is
there not a way to merge from the letters which are already created? Thanks,
Pam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The usual way is to use the same datasource for a separate Envelope type
mailmerge.. Can you add an envelope to the main document and insert the
merge fields into the envelope as well as into the letter part of the
document and then execute the merge?

It is not really possible to use the merged letters themselves as a
datasource. It is probably possible however to write a macro to extract the
addresses into a separate document that could be used as a datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pabs" wrote in message
I can't merge the name and addresses from letters in a mass mailing into
labels. The data base came from a different program so I can't use that.
Is
there not a way to merge from the letters which are already created?
Thanks,
Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pabs

Thank you for your help. I tried to create a macro and use that for a mail
merge, but either it won't work or I am not doing it right. I printed and
followed the instructions, but I haven't done a macro before, so maybe I'm
missing something.