Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Thunderfoot

Default How can i turn off compression in word?

It seems, that when i Email word attachments, recipients cannot open them,
because they have been compressed. I dont have any 3rd party programms which
do that, just regular office 2000. Does anyone know?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There is nothing in Word or Office that compresses Word documents when they
are attached to an email message. Is it all recipients? Exactly what
message do they get when they try to open the attachments? Can they open
them if they save them first, then use FileOpen in Word to open them? If
you email one to yourself, can you open it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Thunderfoot" wrote in message
It seems, that when i Email word attachments, recipients cannot open them,
because they have been compressed. I dont have any 3rd party programms
which
do that, just regular office 2000. Does anyone know?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy

AOL auto-compresses to zip files, I think.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

There is nothing in Word or Office that compresses Word documents when
they are attached to an email message. Is it all recipients? Exactly
what message do they get when they try to open the attachments? Can they
open them if they save them first, then use FileOpen in Word to open
them? If you email one to yourself, can you open it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Thunderfoot" wrote in message
It seems, that when i Email word attachments, recipients cannot open
them,
because they have been compressed. I dont have any 3rd party programms
which
do that, just regular office 2000. Does anyone know?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CyberTaz

Compressing attachments might also be a setting of your email client software.

Good Luck |:)

"Thunderfoot" wrote:

It seems, that when i Email word attachments, recipients cannot open them,
because they have been compressed. I dont have any 3rd party programms which
do that, just regular office 2000. Does anyone know?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Thunderfoot

Though i have a different browser, I will check and see if that's it. I just
received an email back from a friend who couldn't open a JPEG, because it had
converted it into a winmail.dat... Maybe a different issue.
Thanks for your help though.