Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DYNAMITE

Default automatically listing appendices, tables, andfigures on a table o.

I have created a table of contents but below the chapter and subheadings I
need to create separate sections which include a list of the appendices and
their page numbers, tables and figures. I would like this to be updated
automatically the same as the body of the table of contents. Right now I am
typing and re-typing these sections. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm. Essentially you want to
use a switches to include the headings you are using for your Appendices,
tables, and figures. You can have multiple tables of contents fields in a
document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"DYNAMITE" wrote in message
I have created a table of contents but below the chapter and subheadings I
need to create separate sections which include a list of the appendices
and
their page numbers, tables and figures. I would like this to be updated
automatically the same as the body of the table of contents. Right now I
am
typing and re-typing these sections. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DYNAMITE

Default automatically listing appendices, tables, andfigures on a tabl

Thanks for the immediate response, but How do you set up the second TOC?

"DYNAMITE" wrote in message
I have created a table of contents but below the chapter and subheadings I
need to create separate sections which include a list of the appendices

and
their page numbers, tables and figures. I would like this to be updated
automatically the same as the body of the table of contents. Right now I

am
typing and re-typing these sections. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Was the article Charles directed you to helpful enough, or do you still need
help? Be sure to leave at least one empty paragraph between TOC fields (and
this may require pressing Enter more than twice); otherwise the fields tend
to get tangled.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can create a second TOC for the appendices. You can also create a

list
of tables, table of figures, etc.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DYNAMITE" wrote in message
I have created a table of contents but below the chapter and

subheadings I
need to create separate sections which include a list of the

appendices
and
their page numbers, tables and figures. I would like this to be

updated
automatically the same as the body of the table of contents. Right

now I
am
typing and re-typing these sections. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sanjay Rath Sanjay Rath is offline

Charles, thank you for the nice article. It did sort out the table of
contents issues and I can figure that out now. However, I still have one
little issue.
Earlier in Word 2003 we could alter a Table of Figures to show a Table of
Tables or Table of Charts or any other field. Word 2007 does not allow us to
do that anymore. How can we have different tables for figures, charts,
tables, maps or any other item we are listing under Caption? When I want to
insert a table of Tables, it asks me to replace the Table of figures. I have
two options - Yes means I get a Table of Tables and the Table of Figures
vanishes.

"DYNAMITE" wrote in message
I have created a table of contents but below the chapter and subheadings I
need to create separate sections which include a list of the appendices
and
their page numbers, tables and figures. I would like this to be updated
automatically the same as the body of the table of contents. Right now I
am
typing and re-typing these sections. HELP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whenever you want to do anything slightly "advanced" in Word 2007, you need
to sidestep the flashy bits and dig down to the old-fashioned hard-core
tools. In this case, click on References | Table of Contents | Table of
Contents, ignore all the stuff in the gallery, and click on Insert Table of
Contents... This will open the classic Table of Contents dialog, which will
allow you to create a TOC based on any given style or styles.

For TOCs based on specific captions, you need References | Captions | Table
of Figures, which opens the classic dialog with the Table of Figures tab
enabled. You can then choose the desired caption label or, if you click on
Options, you can select a specific style instead or base the table on TC
fields.

When asked if you want to replace the existing TOC or TOF, say no.

http://word.mvps.org