keithmichaelis

Default How do I align check boxes with the text that comes before it/

Hello,

I'm creating a simple doc that contains many questions. After each question,
I use check boxes for a Yes and No. What I can't figure out though is how to
align the check boxes with the text before each box. The check boxes by
default are aligned middle left in the box field that they appear in. When I
go to 'view code' , Format, Align, all the align options are greyed out.
There has to be a way to align the check box to bottom left? Any suggestions?
I can email a sample doc to show what I mean if needed.

Thank you,
Keith

Charles Kenyon

You can change the font size. There are a number of ways to create and use
clickable checkboxes in documents / templates. Some require protected or
locked forms, others do not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available
at http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an
exploration of these.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"keithmichaelis" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm creating a simple doc that contains many questions. After each
question,
I use check boxes for a Yes and No. What I can't figure out though is how
align the check boxes with the text before each box. The check boxes by
default are aligned middle left in the box field that they appear in.
When I
go to 'view code' , Format, Align, all the align options are greyed out.
There has to be a way to align the check box to bottom left? Any
suggestions?
I can email a sample doc to show what I mean if needed.

Thank you,
Keith

Keith Michaelis

Thank you for the help. I'm having a little difficulty getting the macro to
work but I will keep trying.

Just to confirm then,-- there is not way to align a check box? It's always
dropped in left/middle (always a few pixels higher than text on the same
line).

-keith

keithmichaelis wrote:
Hello,

I'm creating a simple doc that contains many questions. After each
question, I use check boxes for a Yes and No. What I can't figure
out though is how to align the check boxes with the text before each
box. The check boxes by default are aligned middle left in the box
field that they appear in. When I go to 'view code' , Format, Align,
all the align options are greyed out. There has to be a way to align
the check box to bottom left? Any suggestions? I can email a sample
doc to show what I mean if needed.

Thank you,
Keith

Keith Michaelis

Thanks Charles for the quick post. I'll take a look at the addbalance.com
site you directed me to.

Is aligning check boxes (the ones you can select from the Control Toolbox
toolbar)not possible then?

-keith

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

I don't use them, so I don't know. I haven't found a use for them that can't
be better addressed by one of the other methods or a userform.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

New Text Boxes Are Self Typing Same Contents in a Previous Text B. Ian Dean Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 05 08:21 AM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 09:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
how do i insert boxes in text (to check off later when printed)? creating check boxes Microsoft Word Help 1 December 19th 04 12:46 PM