Papy2000

Default User-defined table format using Database field code

I'm creating documents much like invoices, pulling the "invoice-lines" from
Access into a Word Table via Mailmerge, using the Database-field-code in Word.

I need a custom format for the table - eg 8 point Arial font not the
12-point Times Roman default on the standard Word Table (auto)formats. And
need to be able to customise the column widths.

I added a user-defined Table-format in Word, but can't find how to make the
Database field-code use that (via the \l switch).

Incidentally I can't find anywhere that explains which \l switch-value
selects which of the standard Word table-autoformats .. had to work out by
trial and error, and switch values over 42 cause Word to crash!

Any other way of customising the table would be fine also.

Many thanks
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

For documents "much like invoices" that pull the data from Access, I would
use an Access Report.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Table format lost Edi Tables 1 January 11th 05 02:21 PM
How do I use the PRINT field code to ... Dave Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 03:06 PM
Autoformat table doesn't format font's after changing default font B?atrice Karjalainen Tables 2 December 4th 04 02:58 PM
User Defined Styles Sherry Formatting Long Documents 1 December 3rd 04 04:57 PM
Getting the format of a table Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 0 October 29th 04 02:52 AM