Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Default Table of Contents/Figures

To mark a table of contents entry with a table entry (TC) field, place the
insertion point in the desired location and then press ALT+SHIFT+O to display
the Mark Table of Contents Entry dialog box

You can also use the Field command (Insert tab, Text group, Quick Parts) to
insert a TC field, which also provides access to various TC switches; the 3
field options correspond to the TC switches \f, \l and \n, respectively

Dont select text; it will be hidden.

Note that a table of figures is nothing more than another form of table of
contents; both are created from a TOC field as can be seen below"
Typical table of contents field codes: {TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u}
Typical table of figures field codes: {TOC \h \z \c "Figure"}

"nschaneman" wrote:

I have a previously created document that was done in Word 2003 and now we
use Word 2007. I created table of contents or table of figures using the
table identifier (A,B, etc.) but i don't know how to mark text using the
table identifier in Word 2007. I see that you can create a table of figures
using the table identifier in 2007, but I don't know how to mark the text to
begin with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

Glad I could help. You're welcome.

"nschaneman" wrote:

I have a previously created document that was done in Word 2003 and now we
use Word 2007. I created table of contents or table of figures using the
table identifier (A,B, etc.) but i don't know how to mark text using the
table identifier in Word 2007. I see that you can create a table of figures
using the table identifier in 2007, but I don't know how to mark the text to
begin with.

How do I create a Table of Figures and table of tables in Word 200 sean Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 07 08:15 AM
How do I separate a Table of Figures from a Table of Tables? Faren Microsoft Word Help 1 March 31st 06 11:50 PM
table of figures doesn't show all my figures christina Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 05 09:24 AM
table of figures Rachel Page Layout 4 May 31st 05 11:03 AM
Track changes mess up table of contents/figures Mers37 Tables 0 November 2nd 04 10:38 PM