Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KEBK KEBK is offline

Default How do I insert a "Printer-Friendly Version" in Word07?

I'm emailing a cc of a Word07 (saved as .doc not docx). It looks fine on the
screen but doesn't look too great if the email is printed. How can I insert
a "Printer-Friendly Version" as is used in so many websites? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Save yourself a lot of grief & frustration - send 'em a PDF instead :-) PDF
creators are readily available as freeware/shareware, including one from MS.

As long as you're sending a .doc you have no control over what fonts &
printer is going to be causing the doc to re-flow.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/30/07 6:38 PM, in article
, "KEBK"
wrote:

I'm emailing a cc of a Word07 (saved as .doc not docx). It looks fine on the
screen but doesn't look too great if the email is printed. How can I insert
a "Printer-Friendly Version" as is used in so many websites? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KEBK KEBK is offline

Thank you, CberTaz, for your response. How do the companies/assoc/ etc. send
out emails that look htmlish w/o a .pdf attachment? I need to have this doc
immediately visible on recipient's display.

wrote:

I'm emailing a cc of a Word07 (saved as .doc not docx). It looks fine on the
screen but doesn't look too great if the email is printed. How can I insert
a "Printer-Friendly Version" as is used in so many websites? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If the recipient doesn't allow HTML mail, nothing you do will override
his/her settings.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

wrote:

I'm emailing a cc of a Word07 (saved as .doc not docx). It looks fine
on the
screen but doesn't look too great if the email is printed. How can I
insert
a "Printer-Friendly Version" as is used in so many websites? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

....and anyone who's been burned or almost burned by those phishing emails
quickly learns the wisdom of viewing email as plain text so you can see
what's lurking behind those "Click here to avoid having your account
suspended!" links.

As to how to do it -- the fact that the user's security settings might
prevent them from seeing what you intend notwithstanding -- the answer
depends upon which email program you're using. Outlook 2007 lets you compose
email in HTML or RTF. One way to accomplish the aim would be to paste the
document into a formatted Outlook email, then tidy it up as needed.

Another option would be to add the Send to Mail Recipient tool to your Quick
Access Toolbar in Word, which then lets you send a Word document as the
email.

You'll need to experiment to make sure you're getting the results you want,
realizing of course that savvy users might well thwart your intentions.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible