Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
elfmajesty elfmajesty is offline

Default Word Field in Mail Merge?

Hello. I have an easy one - just can't remember how to do it!! I have
created a mail merge Label and set up my fields. We are including the Title
field in our set-up. However, some of the data does not use the Title field
(i.e. Mr. John Doe - [Title First Last] versus Jane Smith - [First Last]). I
need to use (I think!) the If-Then-Else to say if the Title field is blank,
move to the First Name field and DO NOT leave a blank space. What we are
getting right now after the merge is show below.

Mr. John Doe
123 Some Street
City, State Zip

Jane Smith
123 Some Street
City, State Zip

(Note the space where the Title field should be)

We need:

Mr. John Doe
123 Some Street

Jane Smith