Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon! Sharon! is offline

Default Merge #'s from Excel 2003 to Word 2003 in correct format?

Is there any way to properly merge numbers into a mail merge in the correct
format? We've got numbers that are in 8 places, we're wanting to convert to
2. No matter the format in Excel, it keeps all the decimal places.

I've tried using the numeric picture field, but must be doing something
wrong. HELP!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What does your numeric picture format look like?

It should be something like

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

when you use Alt-F9 to show the "underlying field codes"

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Sharon!" wrote in message
Is there any way to properly merge numbers into a mail merge in the
correct
format? We've got numbers that are in 8 places, we're wanting to convert
2. No matter the format in Excel, it keeps all the decimal places.

I've tried using the numeric picture field, but must be doing something
wrong. HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon![_2_] Sharon![_2_] is offline

Peter,
Thanks so much... yes, I had the format set up incorrectly. That's exactly
what I needed to know.
Woo Hoo!!!! This will make things SOOO much easier!
~Sharon