Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Evan Evan is offline

Default Move Cells Down

How can I move 3 consecutive cells in a column down one row? I can move them
up one row if its blank, but going down drops them 3 rows or none. So I
can move them down 3 and up 2. Would like behavior like Excels Insert
Shift Cells Down.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi Evan;

Do the following:
1. Do one of the following:
€¢ Click the Insert Table icon on the Standard Toolbar and just click one
cell- 4x3 matrixes (i.e. four rows and three columns.
-or-
€¢ On the Table menu, point to Insert and then click Table.
€¢ Under the Table size, enter 3 for the Number of column.
€¢ Under the Table size, enter 4 for the Number of rows.
€¢ Click OK
2. Move the mouse pointer to the left of the first column of the Table.
3. Click the left button and select two rows of the table.
4. Right-click the mouse button and then click Insert rows.
You will notice that two new rows are inserted. Based on the number rows
selected before inserting new rows, as many new rows will be inserted in the
table, when you click the Insert. This works the similar like Microsoft Excel
Shift Down feature.

Note: For deleting rows, follow step 3 to step 4..

Challa Prabhu

"Evan" wrote:

How can I move 3 consecutive cells in a column down one row? I can move them
up one row if its blank, but going down drops them 3 rows or none. So I
can move them down 3 and up 2. Would like behavior like Excels Insert
Shift Cells Down.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Evan Evan is offline

Im trying to keep changes in one column only, like

Before After
1 a 1 a
2 b 2
3 c 3 b
4 d 4 c
5 5 d
6 f 6 f

"Evan" wrote:

How can I move 3 consecutive cells in a column down one row? I can move them
up one row if its blank, but going down drops them 3 rows or none. So I
can move them down 3 and up 2. Would like behavior like Excels Insert
Shift Cells Down.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can do this:
Select the cells that are to be shifted down. Press Ctrl+X to cut the
contents (the cells remain). Then click in the uppermost "target" cell (or
select all the "target" cells) and press Ctrl+V to paste.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Evan" wrote:

How can I move 3 consecutive cells in a column down one row? I can move them
up one row if its blank, but going down drops them 3 rows or none. So I
can move them down 3 and up 2. Would like behavior like Excels Insert
Shift Cells Down.

want cells in a table to copy data from cells in another table Conrad D. Farner Tables 2 September 27th 06 04:21 PM
MS Word: select cells range and duplicate same data in all cells clarice Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 06 04:19 AM
Splitting Cells GentleDopyPoo Tables 1 June 2nd 05 04:14 AM
Copy Cells John F Tables 1 February 22nd 05 08:30 PM
Excel cells can reference other cells to display its contents/any. 50gumbys Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 05 10:33 AM