Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mafiga mafiga is offline

Default Unresponsive Word document

I have created a massive word document (770mb) with lots of images. I now
cannot see any of the images and although I can scroll up and down I cannot
alter any of the text. It will, however, allow me to delete images (or
rather the small square which show where they are). When I delete a lot of
images it does not mean that I start to see the images. When I look at the
icons at the top of word (e.g. the tiny printer, the scissors etc) they are
all faded and unresponsive.
Is my document just too big? Is there any thing I can do - even if it is
just to be able to cut it up and convert it into smaller documents

It also says that there is a problem with one of the tables in it. (I do
not think that there are actually any tables in the actual document). When I
click "open and repair" a few of the images become visible, but I cannot
alter them or the text.

Thank you for any help

..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Three posssibilities come to mind (assuming the file isn't stored on some
sort of removable media), any combination of which may be involved. [There
may very well be others]:

1- Insufficient RAM (memory),
2- Insufficient contiguous free disk space,
3- A corrupt document.

Before you can do anything to modify the file the first two items will have
to be addressed. Either beef up your system of take a copy of the file to
another computer that can handle a massive doc like that. Once you can get
the file to open you can better determine whether it has internal problems
and how you might be able to deal with them.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"mafiga" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
socrtwo socrtwo is offline

On Mar 20, 5:53 pm, mafiga wrote:
[...]

You can try a compound document viewer. Word is a compound document
and such a viewer will let you separate the text and images and save
the text to reimport somewhere else. It may even separate out the
tables, I don't know. There is also a freeware text extractor for
Word documents. You can see these free programs he

http://www.s2services.com/wordfreeware.htm