A frustrated long-time user

Default Word should give an option for using the old-style mail merge

The mail merge in XP and later is totally clunky and over-complicated. There
are many more steps in XP/2003 to get the same results as in 2000. The mail
merge in 2000 worked just fine - why was it changed? This is why I hate
"upgrading" - the useful features get changed and the real bugs don't.

I want the superior old style mail merge back. And that goes for inserting
pictures and clip art too - more steps to the same end.
Graham Mayor

You can use the old methods still -
There is no difference in the insertion of graphics - the drawing canvas can
be turned off from tools options if not required.