Edd

Default Outline Format Conversion

I am interested in converting the dynamic formatting in word xp 2002 to
static formatting used in previous versions. The reason I want to do this is
to allow excerpts to be taken from a document with the formatting in place.
I have not found any built in way to do this.

I am intersted in writing a macro to apply this but I do not know how to
determine the current format level and designation. How would I go about
determining the current outline format (which level and designation such as
"A" "B" "1" ect...) for each paragraph. Is this a paragraph property that
can be read? I would prefer not to write a routine which defines the format
from scratch if I can avoid it.
Stefan Blom

There is an easy way to convert Word's autonumbering (which includes
paragraph/outline numbering and LISTNUM fields) to plain text.

Make sure that the document whose numbering you want to convert is the
active document. Press ALT+F11 to display the Visual Basic Editor.
Press CTRL+G to display the Immediate Window. In the Immediate Window,
type the following:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText

and then press ENTER. Word removes numbering formatting and inserts
the current numbers as plain text.

Note that if you applied numbering with styles, you should also clear
numbering from the style definitions; otherwise pressing CTRL+Q will
bring it back.

--
Stefan Blom