Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betty Betty is offline

Default MS Vista w/ Office 2007 won't print on wireless network

I have a HP Windows XP as my server on our wireless network. My HP 7130 All
in One printer has had all the drivers installed on my new Toshiba laptop,
but I cannot get any documents to print.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Can you "see" the printer from your laptop? In the Print dialog, is the 7130
listed in the dropdown list of printers? If not, then click the Find
Printer... button, and see if you can navigate to the printer.

Alternatively, choose Start - Control Panel, type printer into the search
box, then click View All Printers. If the 7130 isn't listed, click Add a
printer, and see if you can add it.

If you can't even see it, then are you sure it's shared? Does your laptop
use the same workgroup name as the server?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Betty" wrote in message
I have a HP Windows XP as my server on our wireless network. My HP 7130
All
in One printer has had all the drivers installed on my new Toshiba laptop,
but I cannot get any documents to print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] shawnk@phosaic.com is offline

If it's shared but you are unable to add & your new Vista machine came
pre-loaded with Norton, try turning that off for a minute. At that
point its a firewall issue. You'll need to add your print server's IP
as a trusted source to Norton on the new machine.

shawn