Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
highbloodpressure1949 highbloodpressure1949 is offline

Default Numbered list

How can I make a numbered list without the document automatically indenting
every time I press the 'Enter' key? If I wanted the list indented, I would
indent it. I may not be the sharpest knife in the rack, but I do know how to
indent.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Apply a numbered style, such as the built-in List Number style, that is not
indented.

"highbloodpressure1949"
wrote in message ...
How can I make a numbered list without the document automatically
indenting
every time I press the 'Enter' key? If I wanted the list indented, I
would
indent it. I may not be the sharpest knife in the rack, but I do know how
indent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
highbloodpressure1949 highbloodpressure1949 is offline

I still can't get it to work. The numbered styles don't show an indent, but
it still does it. I found something somewhere that showed the format of the
whole document & I was going to change the indent from .25", but when I
clicked on it, I got a (Not Responding) message, and now I can't remember
where I found the format. Today just hasn't been a good day.

wrote in message ...
How can I make a numbered list without the document automatically
indenting
every time I press the 'Enter' key? If I wanted the list indented, I
would
indent it. I may not be the sharpest knife in the rack, but I do know how
indent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Indents in numbered paragraphs/styles are set in the Bullets and Numbering
dialog; settings there override the settings in the paragraph dialog.

wrote in message
How can I make a numbered list without the document automatically
indenting
every time I press the 'Enter' key? If I wanted the list indented, I
would
indent it. I may not be the sharpest knife in the rack, but I do know
how
indent.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
degas1900 degas1900 is offline

This is what happens when geeks write word processing programs instead of
people who write for a living. Go to Format | Bullets & Numbering | Click
on the first numbering style, click on Customize, then change Aligned At to
0" and change Text Position to 0.5" or whatever your preference is.
WordPerfect was much more intuitive and elegant for writers.