Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Neve Dave Neve is offline

Default Confused about fonts and text documents

Hi

I'm trying to help a Swedish friend out who is working on a computer which
doesn't have Swedish fonts.

We downloaded an ebook in Swedish but it isn't displaying well.

At the moment, I'm thinking about installing Swedish fonts on to his
computer but I have also realised that I am a bit confused about fonts and
documents in general.

It seems now that when I download an e book, there are no fonts but only
instructions to the computer what to display (if the characters were
downloaded, we wouldn't have a problem me thinks)

This means that if I download the ebook first onto my computer which has
Swedish fonts, and then send it on to him, it still wouldn't display ok.

Am I right or just confused?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Neve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't believe there's any such thing as a "Swedish" font. Any ordinary
modern Unicode font should easily display all the characters required for
writing Swedish. If you apply Times New Roman to the text, does it become
readable?