Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGreg7 JGreg7 is offline

Default Ask Fields Wont Update

I have created a document template form (dot) that uses ASK fields and Ref:
fields to fill in portions of the form. I created an Autonew macro to prompt
for the filling of the form.

However, when I have created the new document (doc) from the template, the
form fields show up properly, however, if I update the fields later, it fills
in the default information instead of the data I provided. What could be
re-setting the data?

Windows XP, Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you updating the ASK fields or the REF fields?
How are you updating?
If the document is really a form, then you would probably be better using
form fields. If the document is only partially completed from the Ask fields
and the rest is free text, then a userform would be a more elegant solution
to gather and insert data than a succession of Ask fields - For the basics,
see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm

for a more in depth explanation, see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm