Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kim kim is offline

Default Barcoding in Word

I need to do 10,000 mailing and Im putting the address on the letter. Im
merging the database from excel but I dont know how to put the barcode
underneath the address in a letter to show thru a window envelope.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The barcode is simply a field with information derived from the address,
however the barcode produced by Word is POSTNET.

The USPS no longer accepts that format for bulk mail discounts -- see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290. You might as well not use the
barcode feature at all.