Tim

Default How can I use REF to display this data

I have a simple template. At the top is a spot where a user can click into
a table and type a Project Name.

I'd like to have that insert a reference to this spot elsewhere in the
template, so that when they type in a project name, the other spot
automatically displays that same info. It's not a bookmark.
Thanks for any help... seems like there must be a simple solution but I'm
not seeing it anywhere.

Tim

Doug Robbins

Consider the use of a userform.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Tim" wrote in message
I have a simple template. At the top is a spot where a user can click into
a table and type a Project Name.

I'd like to have that insert a reference to this spot elsewhere in the
template, so that when they type in a project name, the other spot
automatically displays that same info. It's not a bookmark.
Thanks for any help... seems like there must be a simple solution but I'm
not seeing it anywhere.

Tim

Andrea Jones

I do this sort of thing with a macro that runs as you exit each form field,
in this example my form fields are bookmarked Text1 and Text2, the macro puts
the contents of Text1 into Text2 as it runs:

Sub formfieldcopy()
Dim label As String
label = ""
label = ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text1").Result
ActiveDocument.FormFields("Text2").Result = label
End Sub

Andrea Jones
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
http://www.stratatraining.co.uk
http://www.allaboutclait.com

"Tim" wrote:

I have a simple template. At the top is a spot where a user can click into
a table and type a Project Name.

I'd like to have that insert a reference to this spot elsewhere in the
template, so that when they type in a project name, the other spot
automatically displays that same info. It's not a bookmark.
Thanks for any help... seems like there must be a simple solution but I'm
not seeing it anywhere.

Tim

Daiya Mitchell

See also, for various methods:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

On 7/25/05 12:04 PM, "Tim" wrote:

I have a simple template. At the top is a spot where a user can click into
a table and type a Project Name.

I'd like to have that insert a reference to this spot elsewhere in the
template, so that when they type in a project name, the other spot
automatically displays that same info. It's not a bookmark.
Thanks for any help... seems like there must be a simple solution but I'm
not seeing it anywhere.

Tim

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

A method that works very well for me is to have the paragraph or field where
the user types the data formatted with a specific paragraph or character
style (the character style can be identical to the Default Paragraph Font
except for the name), then use a StyleRef field to pick up the data; this
type of field updates automatically, which makes it especially useful.