Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Style used in table inherits an indent -- from what?

No. Paragraph styles, even those we make to use only with tables, are just
paragraph styles. But if you got the document or the template it is based on
from someone else, the table style may have come from there. And if all new
tables had that stable style, it must have been set as the default.

Pam

christophercbrewster wrote:
Your second suggestion led me to the real solution. There was a table style
called (I think) Table Indent. When I deleted it, the tables started behaving
normally. I would suspect myself of having created that table style, but I
don't know how to create table styles, so I don't know where it came from.
Could a paragraph style that I used in a table have made Word make a new
table style?