Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
turnsouth turnsouth is offline

Default How do you copy plain text from a Word 2007 document?

I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word
document, without all of the formatting information?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - but you can paste without the formatting information into Word 2007.
What are you trying to do?

"turnsouth" wrote in message
I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word
document, without all of the formatting information?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melanie Remen Melanie Remen is offline

Hi turnsouth, hope you are well.

Perhaps you might like to try performing a Save As... to the document then
select the Plain Text (*.txt) from the Save as Type drop down box when saving
the document.

This will allow you to save a copy of the document in plain text format.
From here you could then copy the contents of the plain text document to the
clipboard to do with as you wish.

Hope this helps, or you are able to find your answer in here.
--
Kind regards

Melanie Remen