Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deepak Shenoy

Default How do I keep text boxes on the left and not alternate with pages?

I create a text box within my document but i find that it alternates between
the left and right on each new page. How can I set the page box only appear
and be set on the left hand side? Is there an option within Word to do this?

E.g. I have a document with text and I want key words only to be outside the
page (i.e. in the margin) on the left hand side. The page box functionality
fits this well except that it switches side from left to right on new pages -
this would be Ok if I was writing a book but for my purposes I just want it
on the left hand side.

Any help you can provide would greatly be appreicated. I cannot find
anything in the options menu selection