Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vcwillia vcwillia is offline

Default Word 2007 Text Form Fields (Calcuation)

I am trying to create a form field that takes the value from another field
(in this case, called "extrapages"), divides it by 50 then rounds up to the
next whole number. I see a "ROUNDUP" function in Excel so I tried creating a
formula that looks like: =ROUNDUP(extrapages/50) but got a Syntax error.
I'm recreating a form from an older version. That one has another formula
but it won't work anymore because of some other changes that were made to the
form. That formula looks like this and I don't even understand what it means:
=MAX(ROUND(0.49+((totalpages-pagesfree)/50),0),0) \* MERGEFORMAT
The "totalpages-pagesfree" is basically my "extrapages" field.

There is not a lot of information out there about Word calculations so I
really don't know where to turn at this point. Any ideas?

Thanks, Vanessa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi vcwillia,

To see how to do this and a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--