Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cendrine

Default How can I add a spine in lanscape mode?

Hello!

I am making a book and I used Word. My cover is in landscape mode. Problem
is, for a cover, you need a spine. Then, I would need to add one, but how do
I do that, when the spine would be in the middle of both pages, where I
cannot add anything? Does anyone have any idea?

I cannot find anything on the internet or in the Help section of the Word
tutorial.

Thanks a lot!

Cendrine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RobertVA

Cendrine wrote:
Hello!

I am making a book and I used Word. My cover is in landscape mode. Problem
is, for a cover, you need a spine. Then, I would need to add one, but how do
I do that, when the spine would be in the middle of both pages, where I
cannot add anything? Does anyone have any idea?

I cannot find anything on the internet or in the Help section of the Word
tutorial.

Thanks a lot!

Cendrine

You REALLY should indicate what version of Word you are using.

You might need to print your cover in a separate document or set a page
to have different margins and columns from the rest of the pages.

In Word '97 I can insert a text box. After I dragged a rectangle to
establish the dimensions of the text box, a little floating tool bar
appeared with a button to "Change Text Direction" with an icon that
resembled text that is rotated 90°. After clicking that button I could
type text that was rotated 90° clockwise from the rest of the page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

One way to set this up would be as a three-column table, with the back and
front covers in columns 1 and 3 and the spine in column 2. You can rotate
the text in a table cell. As others have indicated, you could also use a
text box or frame.