Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default Linking to literature review

How can I link the superscript numbers in the text of my document to the
literature review at the end, so that when I add another paper to my
reference section the numbers in the text are automatically updated. The
refences at the end of the document are in alphabetical order and numbered 1
- ... the text of the document identifies the reference, but is in no
particular numerical order
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Depending on how you have annotated your document, you could use
footnotes/endnotes or cross references to the footnotes/endnotes, the
numbering of which should be maintained.

karen wrote:
How can I link the superscript numbers in the text of my document to
the literature review at the end, so that when I add another paper to
my reference section the numbers in the text are automatically
updated. The refences at the end of the document are in alphabetical
order and numbered 1 - ... the text of the document identifies the
reference, but is in no particular numerical order

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

When I try this the numbering in the reference section is changed to reflect
the order of where the reference appears within the document. I need to keep
my literature reveiw at the end of the document in alphabetical order and so
want the numbering within the document to pick this up.

karen wrote:
How can I link the superscript numbers in the text of my document to
the literature review at the end, so that when I add another paper to
my reference section the numbers in the text are automatically
updated. The refences at the end of the document are in alphabetical
order and numbered 1 - ... the text of the document identifies the
reference, but is in no particular numerical order

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Then, instead of using endnotes, type in the alphabetical references, apply
numbering to them, and insert cross-references where appropriate in the
text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Review box Naomi Microsoft Word Help 1 April 16th 07 08:56 PM
How do I insert a Endnote literature reference into a footnote? Arjen Microsoft Word Help 1 March 14th 07 04:18 PM
Word 2007- display Review/Track Change Status with Review Tab hidd Steve300 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 07 03:30 AM
Review Issue [email protected] New Users 1 August 13th 05 02:37 AM
How to make reference on the literature source, which is in another file? Leo M. via OfficeKB.com New Users 1 January 27th 05 05:39 PM