Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Raghu Raghu is offline

Default email merge with multiple recipients in "To", "CC" & "BCC"

hi,
i don't find its possible to have multiple reciepients for a single msg in
word email merge & even the subject line is not changable.

can any body help me in sending emails through MS Word2003 merge to multiple
recipients (i.e. same message with a "To", "CC" etc).

also the logic to change the subject line for each reciepient.

please help asap,.
thanks
raghu
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: email merge with multiple recipients in "To", "CC" & "BCC"

Hi Raghu,

Yes, it is possible to send emails through MS Word 2003 merge to multiple recipients with the same message and with "To", "CC", and "BCC" fields. Here are the steps to do so:
  1. Open a new Word document and click on "Tools" in the menu bar.
  2. Select "Letters and Mailings" and then "Mail Merge Wizard".
  3. In the Mail Merge task pane, select "E-mail messages" and click "Next".
  4. Select your email list by clicking on "Use an existing list" or "Select from Outlook contacts" and click "Next".
  5. Compose your email message in the "Write your e-mail message" field and click "Next".
  6. In the "Select recipients" field, click on "Edit recipient list".
  7. In the "Mail Merge Recipients" dialog box, select the recipients you want to send the email to and click "OK".
  8. In the "Mail Merge Recipients" dialog box, you can also add recipients to the "CC" and "BCC" fields by clicking on the "CC" or "BCC" button and selecting the recipients you want to add.
  9. To change the subject line for each recipient, click on "More items" in the "Write your e-mail message" field and select "Subject" from the list. Then, insert the merge field for the subject line by clicking on "Insert" and selecting the appropriate field.
  10. Preview your emails by clicking on "Preview your e-mail messages" and make any necessary changes.
  11. Click "Finish and Merge" and select "Send e-mail messages".
  12. In the "Merge to E-mail" dialog box, select the email field you want to use as the "To" field and click "OK".
  13. Your emails will be sent to the selected recipients with the same message and with the appropriate "To", "CC", and "BCC" fields.

Hope this helps!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You cannot do this directly with mail merge and will need to use the Outlook
Object Model. The code in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with
Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

will give you an idea of how to go about it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Raghu" wrote in message
hi,
i don't find its possible to have multiple reciepients for a single msg in
word email merge & even the subject line is not changable.

can any body help me in sending emails through MS Word2003 merge to
multiple
recipients (i.e. same message with a "To", "CC" etc).

also the logic to change the subject line for each reciepient.

please help asap,.
thanks
raghu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Raghu Raghu is offline

Dear Doug,
thanks of the response. while the link which you sent takes care of the
attachment logics can you please help me coding for selecting mulitiple
recipients.

i'm tyring to call the excel information into word & its mailed to the
individual employees. the problem comes when i need to cc or bcc their
managers etc.
same way if i have the subject captured in a seperate column (in excel) can
that be used while mailing the individuals.

since i'm quite poor with coding so your help in this regard would be a
great relief. thanks once again.

"Raghu" wrote in message
hi,
i don't find its possible to have multiple reciepients for a single msg in
word email merge & even the subject line is not changable.

can any body help me in sending emails through MS Word2003 merge to
multiple
recipients (i.e. same message with a "To", "CC" etc).

also the logic to change the subject line for each reciepient.

please help asap,.
thanks
raghu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the following section of the code you just use the .CC and .BCC features
of the Outlook Object Model as follows

With oItem
.Subject = mysubject
.body = ActiveDocument.Content
Set Datarange = Maillist.Tables(1).Cell(Counter, 1).Range
Datarange.End = Datarange.End - 1
.To = Datarange
For i = 2 To Maillist.Tables(1).Columns.Count
Set Datarange = Maillist.Tables(1).Cell(Counter, i).Range
Datarange.End = Datarange.End - 1
.Attachments.Add Trim(Datarange.Text), olByValue, 1
Next i
.CC = "Firstemailaddress; secondemailaddress"
.BCC = "Firstemailaddress; secondemailaddress"
.Send
End With

Likewise, you can get the subject of the email from a cell in the table in
the same way as the code gets hold of the attachments or the .To address.
--

"Raghu" wrote in message
hi,
i don't find its possible to have multiple reciepients for a single msg
in
word email merge & even the subject line is not changable.

can any body help me in sending emails through MS Word2003 merge to
multiple
recipients (i.e. same message with a "To", "CC" etc).

also the logic to change the subject line for each reciepient.

please help asap,.
thanks
raghu

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JH-LKY JH-LKY is offline

The magic is almost working for me. I have read multiple posts, finally
muddled through creating a macro and I can send to my list from Outlook, it
looks like a one-to-one email, and there is a PDF attachment. Except,
somewhere I've missed how to make my message show up. I have created a new
Word doc, merged it, and then executed the macro - but I still get an empty
message with the attachment. What am I doing wrong??